Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- MSA analyzes the collection of equipment, operations, procedures, software and personnel that affects the assignment of a number to a measurement characteristic.
- A Measurement Systems Analysis considers the following:
- Selecting the correct measurement and approach
- Assessing the measuring device
- Assessing procedures and operators
- Assessing any measurement interactions
- Calculating the measurement uncertainty of individual measurement devices and/or measurement systems
Common tools and techniques of measurement systems analysis include:
- Calibration studies, components of variance, attribute gage study, gage R&R, ANOVA gage R&R.